It’s no secret that marketers are investing more in online video than ever before. From creative video marketing campaigns to explainers, video ads, webinars, video blogs, customer stories and more, video is now a critical asset within the modern marketing toolkit. In fact, the average B2B company within Vidyard’s client base has nearly 300 videos in their library and that number will double within the next 16 months. The largest B2B clients host more than 10,000 videos with no signs of slowing down.
So how, exactly, are B2B companies investing in video and how does that differ from their B2C counterparts? How many videos are they publishing each month and what trends stand out for different industries and company sizes? To help answer these questions and many more, Vidyard has released its 2017 Video in Business Benchmark Report offering unique insights and trend analysis data from across its global customer base.
The new report analyzes live video marketing data from more than 500 B2B businesses, 60 million video streams and nearly 250,000 video assets offering a first-of-its-kind look at industry benchmarks for top performing video marketing programs. While some results help to validate common market assumptions, others are quite interesting and may surprise even the most experienced video pundits.
Here is a glimpse at some of the key findings from the 2017 Video in Business Benchmark Report published by Vidyard:
- B2B businesses have published 293 videos on average and will double the size of their video libraries within 16 months (Tweet this stat!)
- Businesses in High Tech and Manufacturing were the most frequent publishers in 2016 averaging more than 20 videos per month (Tweet this stat!)
- The average video length in B2B is 8 minutes, though 56% of videos published in 2016 were less than 2 minutes (Tweet this stat!)
- Videos under 90 seconds retain 53% of viewers on average; those over 30 minutes retain only 10% of viewers (Tweet this stat!)
- 85% of businesses now have internal resources for producing video content to help them meet the growing demand for content (Tweet this stat!)
- 86% of views of business-related videos take place on desktop browsers; only 14% take place on mobile (Tweet this stat!)
- Businesses producing 50+ videos per year are far more likely to use advanced video analytics and to be increasing video budgets (Tweet this stat!)
- Wednesday is not only hump day, it’s also the busiest day of the week for B2B video viewing (Tweet this stat!)
To check out the full report or to see how your business stacks up to industry benchmarks, simply download a complimentary version of the 2017 Video in Business Benchmark Report here! If you’re interested in quoting any portion of the report online or learning more about our research methodology, please contact us at email@example.com.
We would love your feedback on the benchmark report and any comments you have on which insights you’ve found most interesting or useful. Drop us a comment below to let us know what you think!
The post First Video in Business Benchmark Report: How B2B Companies are REALLY Using Video appeared first on Vidyard.